[Pmwiki-users] Q on GalleryAdv (images do not load, although thumbnails do)

Dan Kelley Dan.Kelley
Sun Jun 27 07:55:43 CDT 2004

I am sorry to bother this list but I couldn't find an answer in an
evening of web searching.

I'm trying to include images on a wiki, and GalleryAdv seems to be the
best option since I want to satisfy the following criteria:
	C1:  show thumbnails
	C2:  show individual comments for individual thumbnails

However, I'm having a problem: although the thumbnails appear, when I
click on them I just get an imageless page with
	no remarks
on it.

Can anyone give me a pointer for how to proceed?

I should confess that I don't understand the GalleryAdv directions
well.  For example, at
	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ImageGalleryAdv
it says to create a new group and to create a file <yourgroup.php>.  I
didn't understand this bit about a file (where to put it) and I've
never made a group.  Thinking that these steps were for convenience, I
tried instead just putting into the
	local/config.php
  file the line
	include_once("local/GalleryAdv.php");
This half-worked, since my
	.image
commands now produce an
	attach:
setup, and after attaching a .jpg file, I got a thumbnail.  This made
me think that it was OK not to create a group.

However, as noted, clicking on the thumbnail launches a new webpage,
but it does not have an image.

Any suggestions for how I should proceed?  Or, alternatively, are there
any suggestions for an alternative image scheme that satisfies the two
criteria above?

Thanks in advance for any help that folks can provide.  PmWiki is
wonderful.

Dan E. Kelley, Associate Professor                phone:(902)494-1694
Oceanography Department, Dalhousie University       fax:(902)494-2885
Halifax, Nova Scotia                         mailto:Dan.Kelley at Dal.CA
Canada B3H 4J1   http://www.phys.ocean.dal.ca/~kelley/Kelley_Dan.html