[Pmwiki-users] Reflection on link syntax

Knut Alboldt mailing
Wed Jun 30 14:57:07 CDT 2004

At 22:22 30.06.2004, you wrote:
>On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:53:17 +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m <chr at home.se>
>wrote:
>>Has anyone else noticed something like this? I.e. that they'd prefer
>>writing the link text first? (I've noticed this before, but this was the
>>first time I started reflecting on *why* I felt like this)
>
>Yes, for a long time.  First I think of what to say (the link text) and
>then I figure out where it's going to go (because I have to go hunt down
>the article's URL or whatever).
>
>I'd like to use the syntax [[some words http://example.com]] instead of
>the current [[http://example.com some words]].
>
>For PmWiki2, it would have to change a bit, since all links are free
>links.  Pm already solved the problem by using | as a delimiter, but he
>used the order [[wiki page here |link text]].  What do people think of
>having [[link text |link target here ||link title]] instead?

I think for authors this might the way more intuitive, html-programmers are
already used to form like <a href="url">text</a>, so we may not have
recognize that point of view.
what is "link-title" supposed do ? Display a popup-text, that would be cool
(like my son uses to say)