[Pmwiki-users] quiet in here? + upload function

Knut Alboldt mailing
Wed Jun 30 15:03:43 CDT 2004

(sorry Balu, now you got this msg double, I simply missed to correct the
recipient to the list)

At 17:08 30.06.2004, you wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>Pm, do you have any idea why it got so quiet in here? Is everyone on
>vacation? Did you enable a very strict SPAM-filter or is it just me not
>seeing the messages?
>
>It feels a littl creepy lately :)
>
>      Balu

I thought the same. The first time I thought my ISP went down - but then
again, I got all other maillists. Then I thought the adress was marked as
bouncing - but ther were really no messages ...
I'm "fighting" with the last update from 0.5.18 to 1.0.0: since then I
can't upload anything. The mess is, there is no error message displayed.
First I thought it had to do with file authorisations (my ISP changed to
another system and another PHP version), but at home on the windows 2000
site it also didn't work anymore.
So if I've the time I investigate in that phenomenon. Maybe I will activate
a php debugger to get rid of this.

All this testing keeps me busy, so no much mails to the list :-)

An improvement I'll implement for the upload action is:
when the upload-directory does not exist, I display a warning on the upload
form page, that upload is not possible. Maybe that could be for further
interest and worth it putting it to the upload.php-script. I didn't want to
change this, so I implemented a query in the config.php.

Another funny thing appeared: an entry
"Attach:test.txt<http://w2khome/wiki/ATHOME.PHP?pagename=Athome.HomePage&action=upload&upname=test.txt>?
" was displayed at the bottom of the upload-page. I've found it after a
while: it is directly defined in PmWikiDe.UploadQuickReference at the very
end. I'd removed it on the pmwiki.org-site.

I also noticed that
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiDe/UploadQuickReference was still in
english, so I translated it to german.

Knut

PS: by the way: in the 1.0.3 version of upload.php I still found some
$HTTP_POST_* vars, e.g. in function HandlePostUpload.