[Pmwiki-users] $HTMLTitle controlled by page author?

Roy royemail
Mon Mar 1 15:58:30 CST 2004

At 03:32 PM 3/1/2004 -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 01:49:30PM -0800, Roy wrote:
> > I know that $HTMLTitle contains the contents that will end up in the
> > <title></title> area of a webpage. Can a page author overwrite the value
> > (by adding something while editing the page, like "$HTMLTitle = 'This is
> > the title of this page'"?
>
>At present, no, there's not a way to do this.  I can see about adding
>one but it's likely to end up being part of the edit form and not as
>part of the markup.

As part of the form would be fine too. Typically, the page is "about"
something, and that value would be inserted into the title (for bookmarks,
as well as search engine indexing). I'm working on a site with
"NewsArticle1, NewsArticle2", and it would be nice to have the Title be
something more explanatory.

Roy