[Pmwiki-users] Moving author field to the top

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Mar 1 23:17:07 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 04:12:04PM +1100, Nathan Jones wrote:
> Robin Sheat wrote:
> >Also, where does the default value for the Author field come from, is
> >there a cookie that stores it or something?
>
> As far as I recall, a cookie is set on the user's browser so that each
> time she edits a page, her username is put into the Author field. It's
> not just grabbing the Author from the last edit of that page.

Just to weigh in on this--yes, by default the author information is
stored in a cookie on the user's browser.  The code that does this
is in the scripts/author.php module, so that someone who wants to
use a different technique can override PmWiki's defaults.