[Pmwiki-users] Re: %class=something% (was Re: Extending ...)

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Tue Mar 2 15:34:53 CST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 08:56:18AM +1100, Richard Canning wrote:
> I think my biggest problem with extending the %...% markup is that it
> only works for a single block of text. If I wanted to change the
> typeface on a series of paragraphs, then I would need to do this for
> each of them. I would much prefer to be able to start a div, put in
> all of the stuff I want to use that class, and then end it.
>
> That is why I suggested doing it like tables are done. It gives a lot
> more flexibility for being able to do this.

How about this syntax?  It keeps the % specifier to remind the
WikiAuthor that it's a wikistyle thing, but adds some punctuation that
signifies its persistence beyond the boundary of the current block.

%!color=red!%
Red paragraph number 1

Red paragraph number 2
%!%

Or perhaps better, just use the existing style syntax, but if the begin
marker appears on a line by itself, it makes a <div> until the end
marker on a line by itself or the next begin marker or the end of the
page whichever comes first.

I like the exclamations though.

-Scott
--