[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Image sizes, alt tags, and more (was: Image display resizing problem)

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Mar 3 02:43:50 CST 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 12:03:07AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> >
> >     A cute figure: [[HappyFace http://foo.bar/image.gif[happy face]]]
> > would the three ']' cause a problem in the second example?
>
> Not for PmWiki, would it cause a problem for authors?

No, although three brackets is a bit much for ordinary users.

> How about angle brackets?
>      An included figure: http://foo.bar/image.gif<happy face>
>      A cute figure: [[HappyFace http://foo.bar/image.gif<happy face>]]
>      A link: http://foo.bar/bla.html<I don't get this title thing...>

Looks quite good too me --- easy to separate visually from the URI etc.

> > PPS. A drawback with either of these syntaxes is that it's not possible to
> > put a '}' (or '"') in the alternate text/title. Unless we use %?? instead
> > of the character?
>
> More likely we would use &quot; or the like, since they'd have to be
> HTML character entities anyway.

Or &lt; when using '<' and '>'?

/Christian