[Pmwiki-users] 3 minute Delay displaying Pmwiki pages

Jennifer_Brandon@scee.net Jennifer_Brandon
Thu Mar 11 03:37:11 CST 2004

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone else had come across this problem?
Certain machine outside out local network are allowed access.  They can
view normal webpages fine but pages in the Wiki take about 2-3 minutes to
get delivered to my browser. It's *really really* bizarre.

I tried testing from machines that were more local and delivery for them
is near instant.    There is a delay before the page is delivered, and it
only appears to apply to the PMwiki pages. Regular pages are fine. The
PMWiki pages don't trickle in slowly either, it's nothing for 2-3 minutes,
then the page comes in a flood.

On a wider note, we're considering using PMWiki in a few places around our
development site, so I'm concerned that we might encounter the same
problem.

My only ideas are that the Wiki is trying to do some sort of access
control on my client, which is timing out after a few minutes and letting
me though anyway. I had a look at the PMWiki code briefly, but couldn't
find anything obvious.

Any advice very welcome!

Thanks

Jenny

postmaster at scee.net

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for all known viruses.