[Pmwiki-users] trouble with uploads

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Mar 12 08:35:58 CST 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 10:36:32PM -0500, Paul H. Lewis wrote:
> I'm having trouble with uploads in a PmWiki v. 0.6.7 site.
> PmWiki reports that the file upload was successful and I see a nice
> listing of all of the files I have uploaded so far. However, when I
> click on a filename in the list of uploaded files and when I try to use
> the attach: filename function and when I try to reference one of the
> files using a url (they're all jpgs and gifs) I get a server error
> saying file not found.

It's almost certainly a problem with the URL for the upload
files.  Are you doing any URL rewriting or changing, a la ChangePmWikiURL?
If so, then PmWiki can no longer automatically figure out the location
of the uploads from the URL (as it does by default), and you'll have to
tell it explicitly by setting the $UploadUrlFmt variable in your config.php.

> Also, in the uploadadmin documentation page there is a mention about
> using $UploadPrefixFmt to change the default convention of uploading
> files into separate directories for each wikigroup. However I don't see
> any full description of how to do this. I think I would like to have all
> uploads go into a single directory.

I'll create a cookbook page to describe this (if one doesn't already
exist), but if you want all uploads for a site to go into a single directory
you simply set $UploadPrefixFmt='/'; in config.php.