[Pmwiki-users] Does a change of server password influence pmwiki?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Mar 12 09:05:04 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 04:19:26PM +0100, Hugo Fjelsted Alr?e wrote:
>  I got an fopen .flock error on my pmwiki site after changing my
>  supervisor password on the server. Setting wiki.d .flock to permissions
> 777 (and, after reloading, back to 664) solved the problem.
>
> I suspect, but I am not sure, that the error was directly linked to the
> change of server password, though I had no idea this was connected.
> Are they?

It would depend entirely on how your server is set up.  I can't imagine
that changing a password would change the permissions on .flock, but perhaps
it did somehow.  Anyway, PmWiki itself shouldn't care about such things,
so something else must have happened behind the scenes.