[Pmwiki-users] Re: include javascript in wiki page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Mar 15 16:40:47 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 03:55:43PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:17:00PM +0100, Albi Rebmann wrote:
> >
> > Other question to this, can I directly write html code in wiki pages?
> > Without going via config.php?
>
> Not by default.  I've thought about writing a cookbook script to allow
> this, but in general I've avoided it because it conflicts with
> PmWikiPhilosophy #2 and is also a barrier to some audiences (see
> PmWiki.Audiences).

And in spite of my many reservations, I've just added a cookbook entry to
describe how one can enable selected HTML elements in pages.
    http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/EnableHTML

I still recommend against enabling *any* HTML elements, but this is there
for any site administrators who feel they and their users need to have
the ability to write HTML code directly in the markup.