[Pmwiki-users] Group/SearchWiki?

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Tue Mar 16 17:23:15 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:53:43AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> #2 and #3 are reasonable.  However, instead of trying to have [[$Search]]
> automatically figure out where to go, I've been planning to add a
> [[$Search:SearchPage]] markup, where SearchPage (or Group.SearchPage)
> indicates where the search should be sent.  But I can see how it'd be
> nice to have [[$Search]] automatically do the right thing.

You once again had an even better idea :). I like the idea of having
[[$Search:SearchPage]] and I am not sure anymore if [[$Search]] should
do something like this automatically in addition, because it might
confuse admins creating the pages. I'd vote for specifying the
SearchPage inside the tag, since that would do all we need...

     Balu

PS: I just tried to start some developing on this issue myself. To do so
I started with something like the following (just to get into it):

SDV($InlineReplacements['/\\[\\[\\$Search2:(.*?)\\]\\]/e'],
  "Search2(\$1)");

function Search2($SearchResultPage)
{
    return "BALU: $SearchResultPage";
}

This looks nice for a start, until you specify a WikiWord as in
[[$Search2:AbraKadabra]]

Then I get the following Warnings:
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=31) state=1 in
/home/balu/public_html/index.php(855) : regexp code on line 1

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=31) state=1 in
/home/balu/public_html/index.php(855) : regexp code on line 1
BALU: 0

Now I am stuck in PrintText() being seriously getting braindamaged more
and more. Can this function be used to reanimate monsters too? 8-)
Going to bed now - I hope I don't dream of this function...