[Pmwiki-users] Re: Wiki best practices, good implementations, good sites

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Mar 16 21:36:59 CST 2004

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 01:28:19AM +0100, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 04:25:42PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > OTOH, this does point to the potential usefulness of providing an
> > "Add Page" link in addition to the "Edit Page" link.  Some potential
> > authors are wary of modifying ("edit") others' work, but might be
> > okay with having the option of creating a new page of their own.
>
> This does not belong to this thread and I guess it was discussed before,
> but won't that create a lot of unconnected pages?

Sorry for the thread fork.  Yes, "Add Page" could create a lot of unconnected
pages, but for many sites and purposes getting the content in the first
place is a much bigger challenge than finding people who can/will connect
new content into existing pages.  Also, the new pages aren't completely
orphaned--they still appear in the RecentChanges and AllRecentChanges lists
so that someone can notice them and link them appropriately.