[Pmwiki-users] width of tables

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Mar 27 08:45:17 CST 2004

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 12:19:59AM +0100, Jimmy Magnusson wrote:
> I'm no trying to create a area for our artist to keep track of what
> needs to be done and i'm having problems with the tables. Whatever i
> set width to all tables run outside the edge of the screen and you
> have to scroll to the side for a week to see the whole table :(.
>
> [[table width=600 border=1 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=0]]
> [[cell]] A phonebooth that teleports the user to another beamphone. Texture with alpha for transparency of windows. Sound fx like a cliche phone.

The problem is that the spaces between [[cell]] and the following text are
causing the text to be rendered monospace and as a <pre> element.  Thus
the [[cell]] line that says "A phonebooth that teleports..." is causing
the table to be extra wide.

One solution is to eliminate the space between [[cell]] and the text
that follows in any pages you create.

Another solution is to add the following to your config.php:

    $DoubleBrackets['/^(\\[\\[cell(nr)?\\]\\])\\s+/'] = '$1';

which will automatically get PmWiki to ignore any spaces that exist
following the [[cell]] or [[cellnr]] markup.