[Pmwiki-users] webalizer-like statistics for pmwiki?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Mar 28 08:39:08 CST 2004

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 12:23:25PM +0200, Nils Knappmeier wrote:
> is there an easy way to create webalizer-like statistis for pmwiki? My
> Webalizer seems to be a bit confused and I actually would like to be
> able to get rid of my own visitis to my homepage in the statistics.
> Has anybody written a module, or is writing something?

IIRC, webalizer has trouble distinguishing pages containing query strings
(e.g., ?pagename=Group.PageName).

In general, I've been totally unimpressed with the open-source web log
analyzer tools that are available.  Several times I've started to create
my own log analyzer, but have abandoned it in favor of doing something
else.  I'd be interested in starting once again.

But, of course, the big question for any such tool, whether PmWiki-specific
or generic log analysis, is what sorts of statistics should be output--i.e.,
what questions do we want answered?

Counters/statistics/info-tracking has some strong votes on the
DevelopmentPriority page, but needs some clarification about what exactly
is desired/needed before work can really proceed on it.