[Pmwiki-users] Search results that point to tag instead of page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue May 4 15:46:37 CDT 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 02:34:05PM -0700, Ted Stern wrote:
> I have a site that has lots of tags and entries scattered across a lot of
> pages.
> [...]
> I'd like to show the text immediately after the found-tag in the search
> results.

I've thought about adding this sort of enhancement but haven't come up with
a good way to do it -- in particular, deciding what portion of text to
excerpt and eliminating markup from the excerpted text has been a bit
of a challenge (although my plans for 0.7 would make this sort of thing
easier, but 0.7 is a ways off yet).

> It might also be nice to have the search results sorted by date so that one
> could see what questions had been updated most recently.

I'm looking into adding a sort-by-modification-date to search, but it's a bit
lower priority than some of the other developments on the table.