[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-url confusion

J. Meijer commentgg
Fri May 7 10:12:21 CDT 2004

Hi, I am confused about the pmwiki-url. The url used by pmwiki now has the
default
     ThisWiki:?pagename=group.page
format, whereas before it was
     ThisWiki:/group/page
My server still uses 0.6.7 which uses the latter format. So I encoded links
using that format.

Within ThisWiki.php code however Pm writes:
    $InterMapUrls['ThisGroup'] =
       FmtPageName('$ScriptUrl/$Group/$1',$pagename);

Note the ../../.. format. Despite the '/' this generates the correct url
format using 'pagename=' .
The point is: as a user of pmwiki I cannot simply write the page name and
get the right url independent of the installation. I researched the various
(many) options to write the link required and found no eureka.

As an example I want to emulate group hierarchy, i.e. the group Soup needs
to link back to its parentgroup Foods, just like any other subgroup of
Foods. The link is in a menu of the group Foods, but applies to pages in its
subgroups.

The pmwiki way would probably be writing:
    Foods/[[$Group]]
optionally renaming the link like so
    [[Foods/[[$Group]] up]]
or even
    [[Foods/$Group up]]
But apparently none is accepted.

Note that
    {{Foods.[[$Group]]}
is accepted but not when combined with an action:
    {{Foods.[[$Group]]&action=edit}}

The question is: is there a format that allows one to specify the
Group&Page&Action independent of the underlying url-format, allowing pages
to be portable? If I'm correct the answer is no, and so I think the current
situation is confusing and perhaps broken. Ot it may simply be hard to find
the solution.

I think this is important because PmWiki does not have a group-hierarchy,
but instead must rely on group interaction.

-jm

ps A syntax for the specific problem at hand could be:
    [[system:MySuperGroup&action=edit edit]]
which would link to
    MySuperGroup.$Group&action=edit