[Pmwiki-users] notitle/header/footer question

J. Meijer commentgg
Tue May 11 10:39:24 CDT 2004

At some point in the evolution of pmwiki the notitle/noheader/nofooter
directives were implemented as doublebracket syntax. This makes it easy to
copy one page into another and have it show identically. However, I would
have expected these directives to appear as checkboxes on the edit-form. So
their availability is apparent and no additional syntax is required.
They would then need to be stored as properties of the page, outside of the
main text. That would reduce processing requirements for that part.
When including a page, these directives would not be propagated by default.

My question: is the current behaviour deliberate?

I'm trying to assess the system and its developers here, I am not suggesting
a rebuild.

-jm