[Pmwiki-users] Re: notitle/header/footer question

J. Meijer commentgg
Thu May 13 20:02:10 CDT 2004

Pm wrote:
> [In hindsight I am extremely GLAD I did implement [[notitle]] etc as is].
> Does this answer your question?

Yes, it leans towards the adoption of an internal 'programming language'
whose keywords can then of course be easily reused, much more easily than
explicit properties. A customisation can now emit (f.e.) the [[notitle]]
code and achieve the effect as a side-effect. User empowerment.

If you'd like to make checkboxes available it would be possible. Perhaps in
conjunction with a proposed [[hide:..]] syntax an advanced properties form
could be generated automatically from DoubleBrackets. An option would
suppress the codes from the body-text.

Perhaps a 'command-line version' would be best using [[hide: ]] and
[show:  ]] versions. An emacs (or for that matter any) user could then type
[[show:title]] and have the [[hide:title]] cancelled without going into a
properties form. The codes would then be suppressed from the body-text.
Nice!
No downsides as far as I can tell. Maybe the monster of an ever inflating
pmwiki.php file spells d o o m, don't know.

Anyway identifying the mechanisms present orients future growth. It is good
to see pmwiki designed with a preference for reusable mechanisms.

-jm