[Pmwiki-users] Re: Feature-request: deleting revisions

Christian Ridderström chr
Sat May 15 09:18:07 CDT 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> As it is now, each revision can be marked as being a "minor" revision,
> but I left this feature extensible so that other flags could be added.
> So, perhaps we can add an (admin?) option somewhere to allow revisions
> to be flagged as one of major, minor, or hidden.

Adding a "hidden"-flag sounds like a good solution to me. But I think a
password should be enough to access this, i.e. you shouldn't have to log
in to the server as administrator.

Perhaps we could add "roles" to the viewer of a pages, so that in order to
be able hide revisions, you have to be working as an 'admin'. In practice,
we could activate this by adding 'role=admin' to the URI.  Then when
pmwiki.php sees 'role=admin' it asks for a password. The default value of
the 'role' parameter could simply be 'user'.

Other roles might be useful as well, perhaps someone in the role of a
'viewer' would not get any edit-links?

/Christian