[Pmwiki-users] Feature-request: deleting revisions

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sun May 16 21:15:08 CDT 2004

Dave has a few good point.  Still, that doesn't mean IP banning is
totally useless.

Here's something to think about though.  If somebody spams your site, do
you think they'll come back and do it again and again?  I have no
experience about this, but I'm thinking "no".  It's probably a one-time
nuisance.  In light of that thought, IP banning does seem a lot less
useful.

So we need to consider other ways to either:  "fight spammers", or
"recover from spammer attacks".  I think the later is probably more
feasable.

Some brain-storming might be in order here.

My initial thought:  Seems like once a spammer spams, we are left to
clean up the mess.  So any add-on that makes this job easier (find,
identify, reverse or remove spam from the site) would be more valuable
that IP banning.

-Steven