[Pmwiki-users] Re: Image alt text

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed May 19 07:44:00 CDT 2004

Nils Knappmeier <nk <at> knappi.org> writes:
> I just had the following idea: Usually, what you see on an image does
> not depend on where you put the image. Maybe, one should be able to
> specify the alt-text when uploading the picture.

...except that many pages may refer to images that aren't uploaded,
and we'd still need a way to specify alt-text for those.  I'd much
prefer to have an alt-text solution that works more generally over
one that only works for uploads.

And although the concept of a separate page containing an alt-text
index could also work, it would bug me as an author to have to go
put my alt-text in a page separate from where it's going to be
displayed.  Plus, some images may need different alt-text depending
on the context of where they are being displayed.