[Pmwiki-users] Re: $UrlPathPattern defined/commented

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun May 23 06:40:24 CDT 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Crisses wrote:

> > Finally, the second part of the pattern is used to prevent
> > a trailing period, comma, or question mark from being included
> > in the uri, since these will usually be the end of a sentence
> > or phrase rather than the last character of a uri.
>
> because people might link to incredibly stupidly long URLs from things
> like Mapquest or whatever, which might include some of these characters
> (the period, comma, question mark, and other things *strictly* allowed
> by convention) -- shouldn't they be allowed within [[URL]] markup

That sounds like a good idea to me, i.e. that a more permissive pattern is
used for URIs inside [[...]], e.g.

	[[http://long.and.complicated.uri/with,weird,characters.]]

> are there languages in which period, comma, question mark, etc. are not
> followed by a space character?

Probably, but don't forget the simple case of forgetting to press space ;-)

/Christian