[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: $UrlPathPattern defined/commented

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun May 23 15:40:42 CDT 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Crisses wrote:

> On May 23, 2004, at 8:38 AM, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
>
> > Probably, but don't forget the simple case of forgetting to press
> > space ;-)
> >

> I really doubt that PmWiki should account for poor typing habits or
> typos.

IIRC, there shouldn't be a space next to '--' when writing something like:

	Here is a clause --a subclause-- another clause.

and if you combine this with a URI at the end of the --...-- thingy, you
could theoretically get something that mistakenly swallows the '--'.

OTOH, I think we all agree that this example is quite rare.

> If no one has an example of a language in which . , ? ! etc. are
> followed by a space, then having them in a url/uri followed by /d or /w
> characters should do... (of course I use ... an awful lot ;) but not
> generally at the end of a URL/URI -- and emoticons, quotes, and
> parenthetical comments are an example of punctuation normally followed
> by other punctuation rather than a space.)
>
> I still think this gives room for something.  The exceptions are (I
> think) predictable -- what more can we ask for?

/Christian