[Pmwiki-users] backlinking

J. Meijer commentgg
Thu May 27 17:57:41 CDT 2004

I have this weird idea: is it possible to detect the site the browser
visited before getting to my site? Then get that page, see if it has a link
to my site and then, if it has, include that page in a page called
$Group.GetsVisitorsFrom.

If this too complicated, then pages that bring multiple visitors should be
listed, without checking the remote page. Only the hottest references would
persist.

Besides making for a probably very useful page it should also make it more
attractive to link to the site. Google will probably give a higher ranking
due to (really) improved networking.

PmWiki sites would improve their visibility while doing visitors a favor.

-jm