[Pmwiki-users] Tip in need of a Great Place

J. Meijer commentgg
Sun May 30 18:56:09 CDT 2004

This is a tip that deserves some Great Place at your wiki, that it be known
to All, and be part of the initial wiki-exposure/education.

Your browser probably has a quick search option that allows you to specify
the search-engine and the url to use. F.e. in Avant Browser I entered this
string in Tools-Options-SearchEngine:

   g http://localhost/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?pagename=%s

So now when I type:

   g PmWiki
or
   g PmWiki.CookBook

in the address bar (and press Enter ;-) it will give me the page requested.

No jumpbox, no php-code, no server-stress, no bugs. And it educates the
user. Now that is something he will appreciate beyond your wiki.

And of course, being an 'administrator', I like to have another string so I
can search the site without using the search-box. So I can have a hotkey to
it.

Feature request: when I type "g FreeLunch" PmWiki goes to the group by that
name. I would like to get a WhereWouldYouLikeToGoToday-page containing
(among other things I define) all the pages named FreeLunch. Maybe this is
already possible using search-box funcionality!

I think people remember pagenames better then groupnames.

-jm