[Pmwiki-users] Re: A special case of link markup: Image -> image

J. Meijer commentgg
Sun May 30 18:57:56 CDT 2004

How about adopting a convention for your filenames and then ignore the
difference within them (what difference is there really)? You can now simply
overload the format for alt-text:

   [my image(.thumb).png | This is the image]

then does the trick, if I understood you correctly. PmWiki could detect the
'extract-syntax' (.thumb) and create the desired effect.

The upload page might even create such a thumb automatically for big
images.

-jm

ps Worrying about alt-text? Users will use it for whatever they like! Most
certainly *not* to educate the physically blind.

---Orginal Message---

It was Christian who sent these horrible horrible things to the list:

  [[[[image:InstantPreview/aqua screenshot.png]] | \
    [[image:InstantPreview/aqua screenshot small.png]] ]]

where I also remembered to use spaces in the filename. With an alternate
text, it could look like this:

  [[[[image:InstantPreview/aqua screenshot.png]] | \
    [[image:InstantPreview/aqua screenshot small.png | Screenshot link ]]]]

or like this when using the "alt.text"-principle it'd be:

  [[[[figure InstantPreview/aqua screenshot.png]] | \
    [[figure InstantPreview/aqua screenshot small.png"Screenshot link" ]]]]