[Pmwiki-users] upload.php no reporting maxupload size correctly

Steven Leite steven_leite
Mon Nov 1 16:12:11 CST 2004

On Monday, November 01, 2004 2:38 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 01:43:47PM -0800, Steven Leite wrote:
>> upload.php doesn't seem to be reporting the correct maximum upload
>> size correctly.  When I upload a file that I know is larger than the
>> maximum upload size, a message reports that the file I'm trying to
>> upload is larger than 50,000bytes.  Even if I change the value of
>> $UploadMaxSize to some other value, it still reports the limit is
>> 50,000 bytes.
>
> But does it accept the uploaded file even with the larger
> $UploadMaxSize setting?

If I set $UploadMaxSize = 5000;
then upload a 15,000kb jpg file, it allows it, even though it should
not.

As a test, I modified the $PageUploadFmt variable to include a
statement:
(Max upload size is: $UploadMaxSize), it too is incorrectly reporting
the max size to be 50000 instead of 5000.

 I'm guessing that value of $UploadMaxSize
> isn't changing for whatever reason -- i.e., it's not seeing the
> correct value of $UploadMaxSize (as opposed to PmWiki simply
> reporting the wrong value).

I'm not sure how this can happen.  I have the $UploadMaxSize set in my
config.php file.  I moved it right near the top of my config.php file
too, thinking maybe order has something to do with it?  I'm not sure
what's going on.

Does order matter?  I think not, since the functions are not actually
called until all the config.php files are processed, so the new value
for $UploadMaxSize should be in effect by that time.

> Also, what's the filename that is being uploaded?

somefile.jpg  I've tried several simple jpg files.

> Pm

-Steven Leite