[Pmwiki-users] show/hide menu items

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Tue Nov 2 13:09:52 CST 2004

At 22:48 01.11.2004, you wrote:
>Anybody been successful in hiding menu options from a users depending on
>if they're logged in with the "edit" or "admin" password?

No, I just have an solution when using the .htaccess-login. First I set the
$Author-var (else-part will be processed):

# if possible: get the author from php authentification or server
authentification
if (@$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER']) {$Author =
strtoupper($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER']);}
elseif (@$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']) {$Author =
strtoupper($_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']);}

Then I set up the IF-condition:

# (:if author authorname:) this is only displayed for author with the name
authorname (:ifend:)

   $Conditions['author'] = '$GLOBALS["Author"]==$condparm';

Hasn't Pm posted something concerning this ? I can't find it right now, but
I can remeber there was an restriction when using basic authentification.

Knut