[Pmwiki-users] new user

Jesse Grosjean jesse
Wed Nov 3 14:14:35 CST 2004

Hi,

After a week of trying out many different wiki software packages I've
finally settled on pmwiki. Thanks it looks like great software. I've
decided to use the 2.0 branch for my project and have a few questions.

First I've successfully created my own skin with a .tmpl file. But now
I want to include some boiler plate text in that template file by
including some other files on my website. For example I would like to
put the equivalent of this line:

	<?php
	include("../includes/footer.html");
	?>

in my wiki .tmpl file. I've been trying to use the

	Call a PHP function <!--function:SomeFunction ''arguments''-->

syntax, but I can't quite get it right. Can someone let me know what
the best way to include other files in a .tmpl file is? I understand
that pmwiki has some footer variables and maybe i should be using them.
But the footer file that I wish to include is site-wide (not just in
pmwiki) and I don't know how to load that text into a pm variable.

Second I'm looking at the http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/X-Gallery
image gallery cookbook project from pmwiki 1.0. Does anyone have this
working for pmwiki 2.0? Or is there any image gallery software in
progress for pmwiki 2.0 that I could look at? I've tried to get
x-gallery working with 2.0, but I can't get past this line:

	$DoubleBrackets["/\\[\\[x-gallery:(.*?)\\]\\]/e"] = 'xGallery("$1");';

I think this needs to be changed to use the pmwiki 2.0 Markup()
function, but I'm not sure how to get the syntax right.

Thanks for any help. I'm a programmer, but this is my first few days
with PHP and most of my experience is in lower level languages. It's
taking me a bit to get up to speed, so please talk slowly.

Thanks,
Jesse