[Pmwiki-users] vspace paragraphs

Val Sharp val
Wed Nov 3 16:24:15 CST 2004

Patrick R. Michaud, on 03.11.04 22:42, wrote:
> However, if anyone can show me a set of margin stylings that achieve
> the effect I want without the use of <p class='vspace'>, I'm willing
> to take a look.

Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of (- and it's
probably been thought of and rejected for very good reasons already) is:

- the block-level element margins are left as their browser defaults.

- a block-markup item becomes the equivalent block-level HTML element,
and is terminated by either double newlines or another block-markup item.

(- single newlines within P elements are preserved as BR elements.)

- if the block is terminated by another block-markup item, then it's
given a class which sets the bottom-margin to zero, and the following
item is give a class which sets its top-margin to zero.

(Apologies if this simply going over old ground.)

--
Best regards,
Val Sharp - Edinburgh