[Pmwiki-users] vspace paragraphs

Val Sharp val
Thu Nov 4 15:51:48 CST 2004

John Rankin, on 04.11.04 22:31, wrote:

 > One defence might be that it opens a door to a new directive:
 >
 >     (:spacer v=n:)
 >
 > to control the amount of vertical space, if the need arises.

I was just playing with the idea of a new markup too ... one that
signifies a mixed block (- translated into a DIV), where top and
bottom margins between blocks are removed[1] until one gets to some
end-of-mixed-block marker.

So all other blocks (P, OL, UL, etc) could be given back their default
top and bottom margins, and maybe something like the (:spacer v=n:)
could be used for just for extra vertical space (- i.e., over and
above the default margins).

[1] div.mixedblock p,
     div.mixedblock ol,
     div.mixedblock ul,