[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki2 without AcceptPathInfo?

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Sat Nov 6 16:47:52 CST 2004

At 00:19 07.11.2004, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I just installed pmwiki2 on http://wiki.graphity.info/
>Every link leads to a 404 error!
>I tried the solution as described in
>(http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users_pmichaud.com/2004-November/007564.html)
>but it doesn't work (see http://wiki.graphity.info/pmwiki.php5)
>
>It's not possible to put "AcceptPathInfo on" to a .htaccess-File, because
>if, it leads to an "Internal Server Error".
>
>Is there a way to get my installation to work another way?
>(The $_ENV["SERVER_SOFTWARE"]; shows Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) as seen on
>http://wiki.graphity.info/server_type.php)

reason: ?pagename= is required on your site
1. try to set $EnablePathInfo = 0 in your farmconfig.php:

# If your system is able to display the home page but gives
# "404 Not Found" errors for all others, try setting the following:
   $EnablePathInfo = 0; # 0 = generate ?pagename= in all script-url's

if this doesn't help:

1. set $EnableDiag = 1 in local/farmconfig.php
2. call http://wiki.graphity.info/pmwiki.php?action=phpinfo and
http://wiki.graphity.info/pmwiki.php?action=diag and save the output then
set $EnableDiag back to 0 (dont forget, otherwise anybody can get very much
info about your system ) !
3. search for $ScriptUrl in diag-output. should be something like:
http://wiki.graphity.info/pmwiki.php . If this is set to the path to your
php-programm (executable), then you have to set $ScriptUrl in your
farmconfig.php. Try
   $ScriptUrl  = $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'];         (have a look on PATH_INFO
in phpinfo-output)
possibly you've to set  also $PubDirUrl  = pmwiki-pgm-dir+"/pub";

if this doesn't help, you can send me the diag + phpinfo-text for analysing
(tomomorrow - now I go to bed - yawn ! :-).

Knut