[Pmwiki-users] GroupFooter vs. PageFooter

John Rankin john.rankin
Sun Nov 7 17:09:51 CST 2004

On Sunday, 7 November 2004 1:57 AM, Val Sharp <val at valsharp.co.uk> wrote:
>I've been going round in circles here trying to figure out how to have
>my GroupFooter incorporated into my page template file.

>So I'm wondering if the only answer to my current need is to set the
>$PageFooterFmt variable in the group's config.php to
><<|GroupIndexPage|>>, and use that instead of the automatic
>GroupFooter facility?
>

>--
>Best regards,
>Val

I too have encountered this and there are several options.
I don't guarantee that I have the syntax right :(

1. add <!--markup:<<|GroupIndexPage|>> --> to your template
footer area

2. copy the sidebar approach and add something like

<!--wiki: $Group.GroupFootbar Main.GroupFootbar -->

in the <!--PageFooterFmt area

The latter approach is more flexible as you can then edit
the footbar pages without having to touch the template.

For example, this presentation page
http://www.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/XMLWP/Assumptions

has a 'where am I' at the top, 'next and previous' at the
bottom and a 'table of contents' at the side

Hope this helps

--
JR