[Pmwiki-users] Problem with PHP-CGI (with work-around)

Patrick Jolliffe jolliffe
Tue Nov 23 01:52:11 CST 2004

Hi,
I have been spending some time trying to get a pmwiki working with dreamhost.
They use php-cgi which caused some problems with pmwiki.  (and
switching php-cgi off caused problems with gallery).

It has  probems generating the url links.  You can see an example of
the problem at:
http://www.danisasellers.com/pmwiki/badwiki.php - just click on any
internal link..

I hacked the code to get a working version
http://www.danisasellers.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php

I got it working by commenting out the line:
$ScriptUrl .= $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'];
and replacing by:
$ScriptUrl .= '/pmwiki/pmwiki.php';

I was also able to reproduce the issue and fix on my windows machine.

One effect of this is if you click a link you get the following error:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=12) state=1 in
/usr/local/dh/cgi-system/php.cgi on line 2788
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in
/usr/local/dh/cgi-system/php.cgi on line 2788

I have seen a few people having the same problem.
Any chance someone could look at a proper fix for this?
Regards
Patrick

ps Congratulations on a fantastic program - this is the third pmwiki I
have set up...