[Pmwiki-users] Danger Will Robinson!

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Nov 25 07:51:00 CST 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 08:28:40PM -0900, Chris Lott wrote:
> The real point is how we can best handle this on our own wikis. It
> would only take one of my faculty members about 20 minutes worth of
> reverting after a spam attack to decide that wikis aren't for them :)
>
> Some kind of way to do a mass rollback might be useful. I am blocking
> certain referrers from ever being able to get to the site. Has anyon
> written a captcha plugin or something for pmwiki?

The urlapprove.php script in PmWiki 2 is designed to allow moderation
of external links, which is where most of the spam seems to come from.

It's not hard to implement a mass rollback option, although it may
end up acting like a sledgehammer solution (i.e., it may undo more
changes than intended).  But a mass rollback feature can be added to
PITS and eventually it'd be turned into a cookbook item.