[Pmwiki-users] How to backup wiki content

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Nov 28 21:53:48 CST 2004

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 11:25:22PM -0500, Wiki Manager wrote:
> I want to make periodic backups of the content of the wiki in case of
> webhost malfunctions or serious user errors.
>
> Can I just copy (FTP binary) everything in the wiki.d directory? Is there
> anything I should NOT copy? What about the files with "." for first
> character?

Copying the wiki.d/ and uploads/ directories will capture all of the
content; I find that it's useful to go ahead and copy the entire pmwiki
directory (so that you get local customizations, cookbooks, and skins
as well).

It's also okay (but not necessary) to copy the files that begin with '.'.

> Any files elsewhere in the pmwiki directory structure that need to be
> copied so they will be "in sync" in the case I need to restore the wiki?

Nope.  As yet there aren't any magic indexes that need to be synchronized
when moving files around.