[Pmwiki-users] How do I add default content to a discussions page?

Ilya Zverev zverik
Mon Oct 4 00:39:35 CDT 2004

PB> I want to add a few lines of text to the discussion page one can
PB> create by using the Discussions recipe (as described in
PB> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Discussions). Do I have to use a
PB> PageTemplate or can I use another method? It would be nice to be able
PB> to set the contents of the discussions page in the very function that
PB> generates the link to it.

Try to include following lines in local/config.php:

if( preg_match("/-Discussion$/",$pagename) )
  $DefaultPageTextFmt = 'This is a discussion page. Try to write something here.';

Of course, the text is to be changed :)
Wiki markup is allowed inside.
Probably this should be added to cookbook...

Ilya