[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: AsSpaced function (was pmwiki-2.0.devel9 released)

John Rankin john.rankin
Mon Oct 4 14:36:16 CDT 2004

On Monday, 4 October 2004 2:46 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 04:16:40AM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
>> > A simple solution might be to write the following local customisation:
>> > (pmwiki 2 markup)
>> >
>> > Markup('nowiki','<wikilink','/(\b[[:upper:]]+s)/e',"Keep('$1','L')");
>>
>> I think this is worth a cookbook entry, since it can be generalized to a
>> method for making patterns *not* be interpreted as wiki
>words.
>
>It is probably worth a cookbook entry, but note that there is also
>likely to be a generalized shortcut for excluding patterns and performing
>WikiWordCounts based on patterns (in addition to individual
>words).
>
>Pm

See
http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Cookbook/AbbreviationPlurals

This gives 2 options: format them using small caps and just not
wikifying them. And the example above should read

    Markup('nowiki','>[[','/\b([[:upper:]][[:upper:]]+s)/e',
           "Keep('$1')");

--
JR