[Pmwiki-users] inline display of SVG

Steffen Glückselig steffen
Mon Oct 11 07:11:06 CDT 2004

Hello,

> PmWiki 1 or 2?  What should the resulting HTML code look like?  It's
> been a long time since I did anything with embedded SVGs.

I am still using PmWiki version 1.

There are two ways to include svg:
<object type="image/svg+xml" data="./mjr-svgopenwindow.svg" NAME="owMain"
width="400" height="150" ></object>
	or
<embed src="MyFile.svg" width="40" height="60"
pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/">

Where the first way is prefered (but does - of course - not work in all
browsers, it seems).

http://www.svgfaq.com/Starting.asp gives more information on that.

I think the width and height should and could be optained from the svg
itself. I think one could omit them, too (for first implementations).

best regards
Steffen