[Pmwiki-users] lower case characters in group names?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Oct 16 16:32:20 CDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 05:00:21PM +0200, Philip J?genstedt wrote:
> I want to have lower case characters in group names so that I can use
> groups for different languages, e.g. "en" and "sv". I want them to be
> lowercase because these language codes are always written in lowercase
> and I want the URIs to look right.
> [...]
> As you see, sv has been capitalized to Sv in the URI. I've looked
> through pmwiki.php but could immediately find any code that does this,
> and don't really know where to look. Help with this is appreciated!

The code that is doing the capitalization is the MakePageName function--
the strtoupper() calls in that function capitalize the first character
of each word in the resulting pagename.

I could probably create a couple of options/configuration variables that
would allow an administrator to control this behavior if it's strongly
desired.