[Pmwiki-users] thoughts on customization sequence in pmwiki 2 ...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Oct 18 09:24:10 CDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 11:01:03AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> the programming law of orthogonality suggests that you should have two
> variables:
>
>   $Group	JUST the group name
>   $Page		JUST the page name

$Group  -- just the page's group
$Name   -- just the page's name

Seems straightforward and orthogonal to me.

> and if any code needs the full page name, it can construct it quickly
> enough by concatenation.
> p.s.  in other words, for simplicity, there is *no* need to have a
> FullPageName variable or PageName variable hanging around at all
> times.  that's just cluttering up the namespace.

Okay, so all that you're really saying is that I should get rid
of $PageName.  No problem.  :-)