[Pmwiki-users] Re: Drop-Down Menu from ALA won't work

John Rankin john.rankin
Mon Oct 18 18:42:12 CDT 2004

On Tuesday, 19 October 2004 12:32 PM, Bronwyn Boltwood <arndis at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:43:29 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
><pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 04:08:37PM +0000, Iain Brown wrote:
>> > Sadly, it doesn't work properly in Opera 7.54: the submenus either
>> > remain displayed when moving to another menu entry, or there are gaps
>> > left in the submenu.
>>
>> Does the one at http://www.alistapart.com/d/horizdropdowns/horizontal.htm
>> work under Opera 7.54, or do you see the same problems?
>
>Also, has anyone tried out the Suckerfish dropdowns
>(http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns)? Maybe those will work
>better.
>
>Bronwyn

I'm keenly awaiting XHTML 2's navigation list <nl> element. See
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xhtml2-20040722/mod-list.html#edef_list_nl

Then we just have to wait for browsers to catch up.

In the mean time, perhaps a wiki markup that is ready for <nl>
might be worth thinking about.

--
JR