[Pmwiki-users] Re: Page tree with minimal syntax -- some problems

chr@home.se chr
Wed Oct 20 14:08:09 CDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 chr at home.se wrote:

> However, if we use a page tree we will have this structure:
> 	PmWiki		  (the entry page, now at the root level)
> 	  |-- DocumentationIndex
> 	  |-- FAQs
> 	  '-- Installation
>
> !!Referring to child pages
>
> When referring to a child page, you need to prepend the link with the name
> of the current page. For instance, in order to refer to /PmWiki/FAQs from
> /PmWiki, you have to write the link as [[PmWiki/FAQs]].

Another method to refer to a child page could be to use a something like
[[Child:FAQs]] where "Child:" means its a child page. Maybe this is
clearer than writing [[./FAQs]]. And the author can think of it as an
dynamic interMap-link.

> !!Referring to the parent page
>
> A lot of the documentation pages will want to refer to the parent page.
> However, using only the link syntax described so far this can only be done
> with an absolute link, i.e. [[/PmWiki]]

We could similarly use a markup like [[Parent:]] to refer to the parent
page. And perhaps [[${Parent} -> Parent:]] could be used to automatically
create a link to the parnt, that also shows the name of the parent page.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr