[Pmwiki-users] if-markup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Oct 21 06:58:51 CDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 10:54:56AM -0000, mailing at alboldt.de wrote:
> I can't get the if-markup working. Do I have to activate this in a
> certain manner ?
>
> I did define test-conditions:
>   $Conditions['true'] = TRUE;
>   $Conditions['false'] = FALSE;

Note that $Conditions has to be an array of *expression strings* (i.e.,
things that can be evaluated), not constants.  So, the following
settings would be better:

    $Conditions['true'] = 'true';
    $Conditions['false'] = 'false';    # PmWiki already has 'false' by default

> to use for a testpage:
>
> [:if true:]this text should apear
> [:if true:]this text should not apear
> [:if]

I'm presuming that in the second one you meant to write [:if false:],
and the final [:if:] is missing its second colon.

For symmetry I think I'm going to go ahead and add $Condition['true']
to PmWiki's defaults.