[Pmwiki-users] Re: Categories instead of hierarchies?

chr@home.se chr
Thu Oct 21 14:27:54 CDT 2004

On 22 Oct 2004, John Rankin wrote:

> On Thursday, 21 October 2004 7:50 PM, chr at home.se wrote:
>
> >Oh well, guess I've gone off the chart here. A more realistic suggestion
> >might be to have URIs like this:
> >
> >	http://www.pmwiki.org/Mercury?category=Planets,Astronomy
> >
> >that corresponds to a markup like this:
> >
> >	[[Category=Planets,Astronomy Mercury]]
>
> Almost. You'd just need to say [[!Planet]]

The exclamation mark looks useful for something like this.

Is the idea that with a '!', it looks for a page with the name 'Planet'
that belongs to a category that the current page also belongs to?

>(category names singular IMHO)

Oh... that's a difficult one, could you give some motivation?

> because it already knows that Category.Planet is in the Category.Astronomy

I didn't actually assume that Category.Planet is in Category.Astronomy,
but rather thought of it as an 'and' condition.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr