[Pmwiki-users] Re: any conclusion on catagories ?

chr@home.se chr
Sat Oct 23 17:09:19 CDT 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

Sort of off-topic.

It's probably a bad idea to put all films in a single group, because quite
often movies have the same names. Then you differentiate between them
using the year they were made/released. So I'd probably prefer a page tree
like:

   Film
     |-- 2003
     |    |-- SeanOfTheDead
     |    '-- TheCorporation
     '-- 2004
          '-- InMyFathersDen

This would be used in parallel with the categories displayed below. (The
way in PmWiki 1/2 would be to use groups named Film2003 and Film2004).

> Here's the original page tree for those who are playing along at home.
>
> > >    Category.Category
> > >        Category.Genre
> > >            Category.Comedy
> > >                Film.SeanOfTheDead