[Pmwiki-users] RE: conclusion on catagories ?

Stefan Candea stefan
Mon Oct 25 10:14:48 CDT 2004

As crazy as this may sound, please consider the following and tell me if
you can find a technical possibility to achieve this with what we have and
what we have discussed so far on the *Category* and *Hierarchy* topics.

* As much as I would like to have this particular one working, just think
of it as an applied example for a concept that could be applied to any
other type of information (being projects or soccer teams ...)

----

The Objective would be to:  Wikify all emails for 1 mailbox, categorize
them and explore them by From, Subject and Date starting with From,
Subject or Date category/group

Steps:

- have POP3toWiki or Mbx2Wiki, etc, script run and create text files to be
saved in a wiki

- have html's and attachments saved as, well ..., wiki attachments :)

- have the messages categorized and all category links added automatically
to pages

- use wiki (email group) search or browse by category (starting with any
of the categories from/subject/date at the top)

--
Stefan