[Pmwiki-users] RE: conclusion on catagories ?

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Mon Oct 25 13:06:02 CDT 2004

At 18:31 25.10.2004, you wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 12:14:42PM -0400, Stefan Candea wrote:
> > As crazy as this may sound, please consider the following and tell me if
> > you can find a technical possibility to achieve this with what we have and
> > what we have discussed so far on the *Category* and *Hierarchy* topics.
>
> > The Objective would be to:  Wikify all emails for 1 mailbox, categorize
> > them and explore them by From, Subject and Date starting with From,
> > Subject or Date category/group
> >
> > Steps:
> > - have POP3toWiki or Mbx2Wiki, etc, script run and create text files to be
> > saved in a wiki
> > - have html's and attachments saved as, well ..., wiki attachments :)
> > - have the messages categorized and all category links added automatically
> > to pages
> > - use wiki (email group) search or browse by category (starting with any
> > of the categories from/subject/date at the top)
>
>Of all of the steps you have listed, all but the third step have been
>done in some form or fashion with PmWiki.  Automatically categorizing
>the messages is a lot tougher than manually categorizing them, unless
>you have a fairly good set of "if the message contains ABC it's in
>category DEF" rules.

At least I got some basic filters set in my email-client (eudora -its text
based so I could use this as a start, mozilla thunderbird might be readable
also)
The next would be adding some "categorize"-botton on a browsed
pmwiki-mail-page to implement a form where you can easily add the
categories which then are added at the end of the page's text.

Knut