[Pmwiki-users] How to check out PmWiki 2 via CVS

chr@home.se chr
Tue Oct 26 16:49:02 CDT 2004

Tsk.. here's a message I didn't send in time. I'll just send it now so we
can ignore it...

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 08:03:00PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > I thought it's time to try out PmWiki 2 and I would like to use cvs both
> > for maintaining my configuration files and to update/maintain the PmWiki
> > installation. The configuration files should of course be version
> > controlled to a private repository, while PmWiki is extracted from the
> > repository at sourceforge.
>
> Actually, I hadn't thought of the possibility that one would want to
> version-control config files to a private repository.  But I don't see
> a clean way of doing this...

I've been using version control on my files since way before PmWiki was
available through CVS. It's extremely helpful when you suddenly find that
you've messed up your system.

> > Because of the reasons above, it would be better if local/ was *not* part
> > of the pmwiki cvs module. Thoughts?
>
> This would mean that someone checking out PmWiki would not get a local/
> directory, and would have to create it manually.

Yeah, I know... on one hand, the current system (cvs-PmWiki) has control
over local/.htaccess (if you do 'cvs update', it'll update .htaccess),
which may be good or bad.

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr